The calendar has turned to October, which means a couple things. Primarily, it means that you’ll be shocked by static electricity every time you touch something metal (Seriously, closing your car door between October and February is basically a death sentence for your fingertips). But it also means that it’s okay to talk about college basketball. Midnight Madnesses are around the corner and the season is just about a month away. Here’s what’s happening around the college basketball landscape:
- Alvin Ellis became the first 2013 Gopher commit, picking Minnesota over KSU, Butler and Northwestern.
- Royce White is out of Rockets training camp due to his anxiety issues. It’s a shame to see someone struggle with a debilitating issue like this, which is affecting his professional career. That’s about where my sympathy stops, however. I’m still bitter about what happened during his tenure at the U.
- The Blue Ribbon Yearbook released their preseason Top 25. Absent are the Gophers. Surprising inclusion? Saint Louis at #11.
- The U selected a planning firm, POPULOUS, to design a sketch for a possible Gophers practice facility. Better than nothing I guess
- Myron Medcalf previews the Big Ten and what we can expect.