It’s freaking cold out, but things are just warming up for the Gophers as we enter the grind of the conference season. Lots going on around the Big Ten too as teams jostle for position. The conference continues to look like one of the strongest in the nation, though we continue to beat up on each other. Links!
- Trevor Mbakwe is in court by sending a Facebook message. Not very solid reasoning, but hopefully he avoids the 90-day stint in jail.
- Myron Medcalf breaks down how the Gophers are fixing their flaws. Indeed, they have been shooting better at the free-throw line. Hope that continues.
- Indiana’s Inside The Hall reports that former standout Maurice Creek will undergo season-ending knee surgery. A blow for an already thin Indiana squad.
- Northwestern almost scored 100 points. However, it was against SIU-Edwardsville, so keep your applause in check.
- Nadine Babu wonders if the Gopher fan base is getting too old on account of them not cheering loud enough during the Purdue win.
- Phil Miller at the Strib examines Joel Maturi’s accomplishments and the criticism he consistently faces. If Maturi wasn’t the basis of Chris Farley’s motivational speaker character, Matt Foley, I might be able to take him more seriously.