The Gopher game tonight will be broadcast only on the radio, which in the days of ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3(!), ESPU, ESPN Classic, ESPN Deportes and whatever other ESPN affiliates there are out there, is unbelievable. I’m not sure if this has to do with St. Joseph’s facilities being so out of date that they can’t accommodate television cameras or what, so throw a couple logs on the fire, crank up that AM radio and tune in at 6pm. On to the relevant blurbs:
- Indiana’s crazy-tall transfer Guy-Marc Michel has been ruled ineligible. Hoosier nation is not happy.
- Northwestern is approaching the Top 25. In other news, the world is ending.
- Andy Katz’s observations from the last several days on ESPN.com.
- Taking a page from the Golden Gopher fan handbook, BoiledSports wonders if Purdue is somehow cursed. Come on, guys, you haven’t the foggiest idea what that entails…
- UM Hoops’ most recent Big Ten power rankings. Gophers at #7.
- Myron Medcalf reports that Ralph Sampson III and his dad watch film together to help improve RS3’s game.
- Remember Oto Osenieks? No? Read this and become familiar with a future Gopher gamer who’s involved in an odd circumstance.