To be expanded upon at a later time…
- Lawrence Westbrook is to the Gophers’ offense what Damian Johnson is to the defense. Westbrook was out with food poisoning, and the Gopher offense was out of it.
- Bold prediction: Rodney Williams will be the Big Ten freshman of the year.
- The little kid basketball half-time scrimmage was more fundamentally sound than the first half. Devoe Joseph needs to learn to use the backboard on his lay-ups.
- Great turnout by the student section for a meaningless game on a week night.
- Minnesota’s defense was atrocious. There were way too many open shots and way too much penetration.
- A little adversity goes a long way. The Gophers had a few nervous moments and were without their leading scorer. It will help them in the long run.
- Give Utah Valley credit, they could have given up several times and stuck around.
- Al Nolen of Louisville game fame made a cameo.
- This won’t be the first time that Rodney Williams almost breaks himself. What goes up must come down, and what goes way up must come way down.
- The rebounding numbers weren’t as bad as they looked. A lot of missed shots creates a lot of rebounding opportunities.