Its summer, its Minnesota, regardless or the hail, the rain, the tornadoes, and inevitable mosquito induced mayhem, it is better to be outside than in front of a computer. Though I am barely able to muster enough anguish and regret, I do apologize for the lack of updates, though nothing newsworthy has really taken place.
To make up for it, and in the spirit of the political season, and in the spirit of that, I present to you all the news you may or may not care about, but you may have missed. But unlike a certain document dump, I’ll give you more than an hour to sort through it all.
It may not be the Friday before a holiday weekend, but it is a slow day at work.
Now with categories!
Because every high school kid wants to play in an off campus 1970’s style arena across a parking lot from Target
But who ranks players once they get to college?
Does he have any competition?
No word yet on Royce’s hair.
For a team with so many fresh faces, this can only be helpful, as long as no one gets hurt.
Maybe Wisconsin will regret that they are done recruiting for the next 10 years?
- How many point guards does Marquette need?
- If Lacy wants to stay in the Midwest the Gophers may have a good shot.
- If the Gophers go after Lacy, which non-point guard do they give up on?
- Don’t be surprised if he does play at Hopkins
- Could being the star player on bad team lead to more of the same (non-basketball) issues?
- Is playing on a mediocre team against bad competition better or worse than playing on a great team with many stars against good (if not great) competition?
Will we ever see the Big Ten Network…maybe..
(Not that I am leaving myself an out if the deal goes the way of Verdell Jones.)
Even the Big Ten Network has disappeared the post 1993 Clem Haskins era.
No word on when or how bright
Not that I wrote a preview after the season started…
Everyone is transferring
Along with almost everyone else
And the Gophers are one of the most stable teams in the Big Ten.
The Has Beens
Notice how I put the bad news last?